1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian writer arrested in border scuffle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RickStain, Dec 12, 2009.

1. That might just be the dumbest and most insulting take I've ever heard. Have you ever spent time in an actual police state? Have any of your family members "disappeared" at the hands of an actual police state? Has your family ever been separated at a moment's notice for no reason for the rest of your life at the hands of a real police state? There are thousands of people in South America and Eastern Europe who think you're a huge pussy with a shitty take who doesn't have a fucking clue. I'd suggest you get one before you start ignorantly throwing around "police state" accusations in the U.S.

Go fuck yourself.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

you're right. My next flight, I'm going to leave my shoes on and throw my bag over the metal detector....an airport is on U.S. soil, what right do they have to search my bags?

3. Link?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It never used to be like this but the muslims spoiled the fun. Now you can even be subject to a random search on Amtrak. I look forward to the day that Peter King gets one . Talk about an annoying travel note of the week.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

America's history with respecting rights of all varieties is a little more shaky than most people think. I'm not happy with the current state of the borders and the way anti-terrorism is being conducted, but things have never been perfect.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'm confused. We live in a "Police State?"

I thought Obama was president? Is he a cowboy too?

7. Boom_70

They are less than perfect now. Last week almost missed a flight at LGA and I was there an hour and a half early. In midday out of 8 possible screens only 2 open at Delta Terminal with lines snaking all over the place. To add insult to injury they kept letting the airport employees jump ahead. Acmed the paper boy got to his stand on time as many missed their flights. The system sucks.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I was going to reply earlier but the cops busted down my door....ya know, just the normal shit.

9. Boom_70

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Just wondering, what are Mr. BIG BARS?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://www.bellamiacandy.com/index.php?productID=3068

If they aren't available on this side, we should thumb our noses at the border goons and smuggle 'em in.

Draft saved Draft deleted