1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian SJ'ers: We knew Airbus would never be over

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cansportschick, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071112/public_inquiry_071112/20071113?hub=TopStories

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/11/13/dion-mulroney.html

Conservatives tides are changing in rich Ontario. They are now tied with Liberals in latest poll to come out, all thanks to the reemergence of the Airbus scandal.

All of a sudden, the Liberals are not looking so bad. Problem here is Schreiber asked PM Harper back in March to investigate and it seems very odd Harper claims he never got the letter. Schreiber also says part of his proof is a letter exchange Mila Mulroney had with his wife. Some Conservatives knew about it though way before the bombshell dropped in the last few days.

Another point, Mulroney said that he would be working on a book about the Airbus scandal when his memoirs came out.....if I were him, I would reconsider that move, because it may end up implicating him.

I wonder how Mulroney spent the 300k...

2. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

If half the stuff in Stevie Cameron's book about Mulroney is true, Canada would never vote for a Conservative politician again.

3. Cansportschick

I just think Mulroney has always been a shifty PM and person.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it's taken so long for this to reach the surface. CBC uncovered this story in a Fifth Estate doc about three Sunday evenings ago.

I watched the thing, thinking, "Jesus, the shit is going to hit the proverbial fan tomorrow" (Monday) and it never did.

And Pappy, I worked with Stevie Cameron on one of her earlier books. May be the best unknown investigative journalist in North America.

Mulroney has always been on the top of my "can't trust him as far as you can throw him" list. It may have been the way he tried to ingratiate himself with Reagan.

The only PM who I've liked since Mulroney has been Kim Campbell who got the crap beat out of her in the October '93 election because of the out and out hatred of Mulroney.

She was a great Minister of Justice and probably would have been better off in the Liberal Party. Too many Conservative troglodytes who thought she was an uppity woman (sound familiar)

[​IMG]

5. Cansportschick

You can't be serious JR... :eek: :-X

However, if you said Joe Clark was your favourite or John Turner, that would be worse. :-X

Well, lucky for us taxpayers, this inquiry is supposed to drag on for years. Nice to see once again Mulroney will be dictating in part where our tax dollars are going. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted