1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian SJcommers, how funny is Trailer Park Boys?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by patchs, Aug 5, 2009.

1. "That's 'cause the Rockpile is HARD AS FUUUUCK!"

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ah, Jim Lahey. AKA "Fucky the Drunk Clown."

3. slytiger

slytiger Member

I watched the first few seasons of Trailor Park Boys but I found other interests.

Does anyone remember the John Byner and Bob Einstein vehicle Bizarre? Sure Byner and Einstein were Yanks but it was produced by CTV so it qualifies as Canadian. I loved that show.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Remember Bizarre well. Funny stuff but the last time I stumbled across it it looked pretty dated. The Bigot Family was awesome.

5. slytiger

slytiger Member

The one that stands out for me is the skit where a couple is finding out about using a sperm donor to have a baby. Then the Doctor (Byner) brings out a Chip N Dales dancer type guy to do the "Insemination".

I haven't watched it since the 80's and you're right, I can't imagine the comedy holds up over time.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Agreed, as was Super Dave Osborne.

I remember the night Super Dave's stunt was to trash-talk Mr. T. Naturally, it did not end well for the Super one. That was pretty much all my friends and I talked about at school for days afterward (we were in Grade 7 or 8, don't remember which).

Draft saved Draft deleted