1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian SJcommers, how funny is Trailer Park Boys?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by patchs, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

And a movie, which is pretty good.

2. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Yes, I recall when Bubbles paid a visit to our offices ... our then auto sports guy (who is now running the show in sports) damn near snapped a nut when he found out he could get his picture taken with the Coke-bottle-glassessed one.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

The person who reviewed the show here was actually less than impressed, but eh, whatever.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's an acquired taste. :)

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Philistines

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Actually, the reviewer really liked the TV show. And I'm sure it's an acquired taste like Pilsner is an acquired taste...

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Ugh.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

They were in my town too, a little more than a month ago.

Great, great stuff, although the earlier seasons are the best. I thought it dragged in later years and I feel the show was hurt by the departure of Cory and Trevor (singular "departure" to note that Cory and Trevor were always portrayed as two parts of a single entity, haha).

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It's still funny as shit, but I thought it started to go down once the guys got so famous they seemed to be everywhere. I agree the departure of Corey and Trevor hurt, those guys were a huge part of that show. Same with J-Roc, who seemed to be featured less and less, even though he was a riot in every scene he was in.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

I watched some clips on their site, OK stuff, I wasn't laughing out loud.
    It's on tonight, so I'll get to see an hour and see how an entire episode(s) is.

11. "High five, guys."

*left hanging*

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

I like it.
    Only knowing what I read on Wikipedia and seeing some short clips, I watched 2 episodes from season 7 and while I didn't laugh out loud (like Reno 911), it wasn't bad.
    I'll watch it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted