1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian Olympians to wear seal skin? Boom goes a hobo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, May 7, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Homeless drifters are in fear for their lives in the wake of this news, which is sure to send Boom 70 on a killing spree.....that is, if his head doesn't explode first.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/olympics/article/630499

Canada's Olympic athletes will be wearing seal skin on their 2010 uniforms to protest an international ban on the product – that is, if the country's parliamentarians have their way.

The federal Parliament voted Wednesday to use the Vancouver Games to protest a European Union ban on seal products.

Parliamentarians from all parties agreed unanimously to a motion from the Bloc Quebecois that says the Games should be used to promote products from the seal hunt.

The motion suggests one possibility: that Canada's Olympic uniform include at least one seal product, likely skin.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This has much chance of happening as Balsillie moving an NHL team to Hamilton.

I'm sure the IOC would give it their blessing.

Dumb idea of the week.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What does "Boom goes a hobo" mean?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fights, I would assume.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

The IOC gets to determine what material gets used in individual team uniforms?

Wonder if they examined all the Chinese uniforms last summer to ensure there was no lead.

Oh, but there wasn't - anything with poisonous lead in it, the Chinese send to North America.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

It was a play on killing a drifter and "Boom goes the dynamite."

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I assumed you meant "kills" and had a JR-type spelling/word confusion spell.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I wonder if Canada could create more controversy over it's Olympic uniforms. For Beijing the shit hit the fan when it was found out that the out-of-competition wear was not made in Canada, but in China or Taiwan or some other Asian country. Then for this Olympic Games alone there was a six month standoff between Hockey Canada and the COC over the use of the Hockey Canada logos on their uniforms that have been used on Olympic hockey sweaters since 94 or 92. And now this crap. My god people. Can we say mountains out of mole hills? Your clothing should be the least of your concern for the Olympics, not item grabbing headlines.

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

This is how our country's leaders intend to stand up to the EU?

Good grief. Just another in a long line of reasons to cry myself to sleep tonight.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Why don't they just slather themselves with ketchup?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Do you want Pallister's head to explode?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Which head?

Draft saved Draft deleted