1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian gets busted for smuggling iPhones

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Aug 3, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I swear there's a bunch of idiots living in my country.

Dumbass goes to Buffalo, buys two, apparently throws them in the back seat of his car, neglects to declare them to Canadian Customs, has them seized, pays a $400.00 fine and ends up in jail.

The one officer said to the other, 'Hey Ted, look! An iPhone!'" said Mr. Johnson, who manages a portfolio of online domain names. "And of course, they had to get rid of the grin and be serious with me. They said to me they had to seize [the iPhones] and I started blubbering

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070803.wgtiphone0803/BNStory/Technology/home

iPhones aren't available up here because Apple hasn't negotiated with a Canadian service provider.

Some idiot Canucks figure it doesn't matter.

But using an iPhone isn't cheap. For his efforts, Mr. Stafford plunked down about $630 for the iPhone itself and locked into a two-year contract with AT&T that will run him at least $84 for 900 minutes of air time and unlimited data per month. Since he'll be outside of the Unites States and will be charged international roaming rates, he'll also have to pay an additional 65 cents per minute for plus another 50 cents for each text message he sends.

Mr. Stafford hasn't received his first bill yet, but expects to pay around $500, a staggering amount when you consider that a Blackberry plan with Rogers costs $95 per month for 50 MB of data transfer and 350 weekday minutes with unlimited evenings and weekends.

Can you guys adopt these wankers? Jesus.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

JR, want to work out a trade? Me and a draft pick for those two guys? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted