1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian columnist takes issue with Erin Andrews' appearance on DWTS

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rosie DiManno looks like Tracey Ullman

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Some lady broadcaster in Memphis doesn't like it either:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/stripper-clothed-andrews-pimping-herself-out-28191

3. 30

30 Member

IMO, that's a truly outstanding column. Yeah, the "Bush" line should have been flagged by a copy editor. And even if it didn't have the double meaning, it wasn't that great of an ending... But the column was tremendous, I think. Took balls to write it, so to speak.

When I clicked on this link, I didn't realize a female had written the column. It's that much better because of that. She could work at pretty much any paper/website in North America.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you're saying she's not bad for a Canadian?

5. That column is pure B.S.
    Again, I ask, not really expecting a response. (Except for you, Starman. You don't think much of DWTS. We get it.)
    Did the multitude of athletes - male and female - who have appeared on the show disgrace their sport? Laila Ali? Apolo Ohno? Shawn Johnson?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Count me among those who think the column is just sort of silly.

Erin Andrews is an attractive woman who works as a sideline reporter but has aspirations to do more than that. That absolutely freaks some people out. I don't quite get it.

Well, I have a suspicion of why Rosie might feel that animosity toward Erin, but I don't know Rosie, so it's probably not fair of me to suggest it.

Somehow I'm supposed to believe that by dancing on TV Erin has demeaned the job of asking "Coach, what do you have to do in the second half?"

I wish Erin luck. I think the people who rip on Erin should take an honest look at why they dislike her. I suspect it says more about their insecurities than it says about her.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Good thing Tallent isn't posting on this thread. She'd get ripped.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Personally, I think the column was a nice piece of fluff written by a lady columnist.

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

If there's an attention-seeker being discussed here, it's that reporter form Memphis. Who'd heard of her before those tweets?

Agree totally with PC. Wish I'd written the first two lines of his post. Rosie's the best news columnist I've read, but a swing and a miss on this one.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good column. It sure does seem that some people on this board don't tolerate any dissenting opinions when it comes to Erin Andrews.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, but why single out Erin Andrews? I don't get how she is setting female journalists back by being on the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted