1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian columnist takes issue with Erin Andrews' appearance on DWTS

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nichols is a much better reporter than Andrews, not that Andrews is bad.

2. Mizzougrad96

How many people (not counting former professional athletes) on ESPN are famous enough to get a DWTS invite?

Mayne was a colossal reach. I'm sure Berman is famous enough. I hate to say it, but Andrews wasn't famous enough to get on that show a year ago.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A.) She's more famous than that damn 4-6 snowboarder Louie whateverhisnameis that was on it last year.
    B.) Never doubt the Disney-ESPN-ABC partnership.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I should have noticed you used the blue font.

5. EA was invited to be on the show last season but declined when the video scandal broke.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're saying here 21. I seem to remember she wore something kind of skimpy in the Cubs clubhouse once. I agree with most of DiManno's column. The bush league statement seems a little strong.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

DiManno once dated Robbie Alomar.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Unintentionally hilarious. ;D

9. Mizzougrad96

So she's a beard?

10. Mizzougrad96

I hope that's true. My question would be "Was Erin Andrews more famous a year ago than Kenny Mayne was when he went on the show?" I would say no.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

From what I have heard she was once quite a looker.

Maybe he liked women back then, too.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Indeed they did. Nobody with any pretension to significance in any profession of significance to grownups should ever be caught dead on DWTS. (BUZZ ALDRIN, THIS MEANS YOU.)

If the "dancers" on DWTS were really really good dancers, they would be, or should become, professional dancers. Failing that, they're moderately-competent amateurs hacking around and not worthy of the attention of anybody intelligent.

All that said, remember that Erin Andrews' primary qualification when she first got her sideline reporting job was her audition tape as a member of the Florida Gators dance squad.

Draft saved Draft deleted