1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian Bus Beheading Suspect: "Kill Me."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Aug 5, 2008.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the rapist told to not have sex until he is married.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This man was an undiagnosed schizophrenic at the time of the killing. Since then he has been medicated and is reportedly horrified by his own actions. Now that he is no longer sick AND aware of the need to take medication do we keep him locked up for the rest of his life?

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yes.

Songbird likes this.
  4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He is no longer a threat - he is medicated and seeing a psychiatrist. We can't lock people up because they might do something in the future, can we?

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

"Might do", my ass. He did do. And "no longer a threat" is merely someone's opinion, it is not a statement of fact.

There are lines you don't come back from crossing regardless of excuse, and beheading and cannibalizing an innocent person sure as shit should fall in that category. Let him stay in a cushy institution, but this guy should not be turned loose on the world on his mere promise that he'll take his meds and be a good boy from now on.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Batman likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

We can if they've already done something in the past.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about Hinckley.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Should have been snuffed.

Draft saved Draft deleted