1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian Bacon revisted....you can't make this stuff up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Sep 28, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The United States Coast Guard has started to patrol the Great Lakes with machine guns mounted on their vessels and is conducting live-ammunition training drills on the U.S. side to prepare officers to combat terrorists flooding across the border from Canada by boat.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060928.wlakes28/BNStory/National/home

And my favourite quote:

“We're trying to be prepared in case something happens,” said a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman, Chief Petty Officer Robert Lanier.

“I don't know what it is, but I know I want to be prepared for it when it happens. We need to conduct these live-fire exercises so we are prepared for whatever it may be. If we are not prepared for it, there are going to be questions about why we weren't prepared for it.”

Wow.

And taking a quick look at the comments on the article, I notice Lyman has infiltrated over there as well:

"Leftys have 2 favorite passtimes. Criticizing the Americans and criticizing PM Harper and the Conservatives. Notice that they add nothing productive to any discussion? Pathetic lefties, truly pathetic. "

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

"If you don't release Honey pronto, we'll level Toronto."

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Stupidly hilarious movie:

"I'm your worst nightmare. I'm a citizen with a constitutional right to bear arms! "

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

Hey JR, we're serious about this in the Lower 48. We even have a Hall of Fame basketball player with giant shoes involved.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

"Like maple syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States."

And, JR, if you really want to pay homage to Canadian Bacon, please post in English and French.

6. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Nice subtle reference.

Get well soon, Gordon Lightfoot?!

Draft saved Draft deleted