1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Feist
    Diana Krall
    k.d. lang

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I wish Canada would suck harder. At least November through February. That south wind off the Gulf in those months is awesome. Oklahoma's suck just isn't quite enough. Need more oomph.

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Quebecois arts, particularly music, skews closer to the French model rather than Anglo Canadian or American ... les vedettes in Quebec are pretty hard to figure and CD is only the start of it. Mitsou makes me crazy. Sorta Celine Dion through the looking glass--that is, an utterly talentless diva.

http://www.mitsou.com/entrer.asp (she never looked as good as that photo)

The most gawdawful caterwauling I've ever heard -- had to deal with her once when we she was starting out (1989 or '90) and she thought she was Diana Ross or something. Like we were there to roll out the red carpet for her.

YHS, etc

4. Flash

Flash Guest

We lay no claim to that anorexic wailer. I think she's been excommmunicated ...

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bob Goulet, RIP.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Y'all forgot about HC? For shame.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What about that bitch, Anne Murray, too?

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Touche. One of the best voices I've heard in person in my lifetime.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Aieee ... there is (or used to be ... it's been a while) a huge billboard outside Springhill with her face on it ... it frightens young children.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

No love for Dion after what she and her promoters pulled here:

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/985386.html

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/985668.html

Her reasoning about not coming to Halifax because of the risk of the outdoor venue is a bunch of bullshit.
    Gillett toured the facillities and knew damn well what they were getting.

She is doing some special concert the night before, but I think she really did not want to preform in Halifax. It's a crappy town to stage anything. They city can't hold on to any good concerts or events lately.

The mayor has to go.

Bedouin Soundclash also cancelled their concert however, this being odd, they are opening the Best Buy store in Dartmouth this week. I am baffled by this one...because their concert was supposed to be on the same day in Halifax.

11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

She was just sold out for 3.5 years at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.
    Then, people stopped going. As soon as it was announced Dec. 15 would be her last date in Vegas, all tickets sold out. Can't sniff one for under $1,200.
    It's an odd, wealthy following.

12. Joni Mitchell?

Draft saved Draft deleted