1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you pass the new citizenship test?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Well, you're just the B's knees.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You get an "E" for effort.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Unless, that was a compliment. If not, "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" stands.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not in the public schools here. They use a 70-100 scale. And for some reason, they give Es instead of Fs. Not sure why.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The public schools in my county give "Es" instead of "Fs". But they use the 60-100 scale.

When I moved back down here from Maine, I had to adjust from the 70-100 and "Fs" instead of "Es".

6. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Not to continue the threadjack I started, but we had a 70-100 scale when I was in school ... 95 was an A, so you had to work your @$$ off.

We have a 90-80-70-60 scale where I teach. It's amazing how lazy even the good students are, because you don't really have to work really hard to get the grade you want. If it's a D you want, you basically have to show up and write something intelligible on your homework assignments and maybe pass a test during the semester.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

got 'em all. would have gone 18/20 without multiple choice

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Basically. I went to school, barely worked at it, studied a little and escaped HS with a 3.5 GPA (and we had three valedictorians in my class). My only hiccup was in AP American History. That class kicked my ASS...well, mostly the tests did. The tests during that class were harder than some of the tests I took in college.

I got a 17/20, by the by. We had to take the full citizenship test (with no multiple choice) for our senior government class and I was astounded by how many people failed it. (And had to re-take it again...and again...and again. You couldn't get out of the class without passing the citizenship test.)

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Same here.

I'm sure I knew more before the social studies test. :p

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

70 percent. But I got all the ones that matter. 8)

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Missed the WWI president, number of amendments and ... fuck me in the arse ... the number of justices.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I got an 80, but that's only because I'm not smart.

Draft saved Draft deleted