1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you pass eighth grade?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

6 of 8
    I always sucked at geometry, so it's no surprise I missed the triangle question.
    Romeo & Juliet put me to sleep as quick as any cirriculum I've ever studied, so that's not a shocker I missed that one.
    I was certain 'Pangea' was the answer. That was the only word I'd ever heard of on that question. I really would have put a lot of money on 'Pangea' being the answer.
    Ah well.
    How many eighth graders can crank out a 20-inch gamer on deadline? [/stupid old guy trying to make himself feel better/]

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Eight for eight. I still use math regularly, so the triangle one was no problemo.

Used process of elimination on the Shakespeare question, and No. 8 was featured in some article recently.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Give Bush 2 more years and answer all 8 questions "God is good," and you're in like Flynn to ninth grade.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Dumbest in the class. I win.

One.

Buh-rother.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

How?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I got five ... (I thought I was going to get No. 8 ... I swore it was Laurasia).

I definitely think this was more 10th grade than eighth.

I was advanced in math, but I was only on Algebra I in the eighth grade. I think I took geometry freshman year, then trig, then pre-calc, then calc ...

I didn't take biology until the 10th grade ... we didn't touch Shakespeare until 9th or 10th grade. So I call bullshit on the whole eighth grader thing.

What stuns me is that I was very good in math, even took engineering level calculus as a freshman in college, but I was lost on the geometry question. It's been so long since I've done any of that stuff that it was like Greek to me.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You're far too kind. ;)

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

6 out of 8.

I didn't know the answer to that Congress one and I thought that last one was actually Pangea. Did anyone else pick Pangea?

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I got seven of eight, and I'm a little pissed off about it.
    Pangea is the only supercontinent of which I've ever heard. I've never heard the names any before that one.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And you could pick out BJ's house on a map, blindfolded!

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

7 of 8. Grrrrrrr. What a pisser.

Geometry's a bitch. (And to think, geometry was the advanced math class I did *best* in during high school.) God, I hate stupid, useless math. Because of this, I have tried to live my life around only adding and subtracting and multiplying, and I've been very successful at this, mostly through sheer stubborness. Consequently, my life is very happy sans geometry, algebra and, especially, trig and calculus. Fuck that shit.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What's cal-coo-liss?

Draft saved Draft deleted