1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you pass eighth grade?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Exactly what he said. Ken Jennings would have missed No. 8.

I had to do process of elimination on the sexual reproduction one and take a 50-50 on Romeo and Juliet.

Which one did you miss, A-A? Did you do the old, "I'll label both of these Vermont?"

When my dad used to drop me off at elementary school every morning we'd go through the state capitals in the car.

By March it was like, "What's the capital of Kansas?"

"Overbearing father?"

God, I love that guy.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, it's not? [/NYSportsJournalists.com] :D

I hate math and science with every fiber of my being. but I loved my US geography. I might not get 99 out of 100 (showoff!) but I'd do far better than most.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

I got six of eight, but I made a lucky guess on the Romeo and Juliet question. I got both science questions wrong, and I never heard any of the answers on number eight.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Got five of eight.

I got question 8, but it was a pure guess. Missed the geometry one, the science one and the Romeo and Juliet one.

5. joe

joe Active Member

Three. And one of those was a guess.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Thank god for you joe! I'm not alone in Stupidtown.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

6 of 8 as well. Missed the Romeo & Juliet question and would have bet the house Pangea was No. 8.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Eight of eight, bitches.

Rodinia existed about a billion years ago. Pangea broke up about 250 million years ago.

I'll admit, I sort-of guessed on the R&J question

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Missed Romeo and Juliet (trick question: EVERYONE DIES), the triangle one and Panagea, which at least I knew was a supercontinent and not a bagel and pastry cafe.

10. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

7 out 8.

I hate geometry.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

5 of 8.

Missed the Shakespeare, which is a fucking joke. But the last one is a trick fucking question.

The only question I can surely say I had learned the answer to before high school was the triangle, and I missed that fucker.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

7-8. Missed R&J, total guess on the last one.

Draft saved Draft deleted