1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we restart the evolution thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 15, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Is that German for "The, thread. The"?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't believe in evolution or creationism.

Why? Because we've gone from these guys...

[​IMG]

...to these tool bags.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And I'll reiterate, facts in science are always subject to change.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yes, science depends on, and adapts to, new evidence. And does so quite happily.

Faith, on the other hand, brooks no disagreement and remains impervious to evidence - which is why we don't teach it in science class.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Like everything in the universe, science evolves. In fact, it seems like the only thing that doesn't evolve is religion.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least scientists admit when they don't know something, rather than insisting they do know it but can't prove it because, "Science moves in mysterious ways."

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Real Reason Dinosaurs Became Extinct. /garylarson

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Silly Armchair.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs. Everyone knows that.

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

The automobile, the aircraft, indoor plumbing, central heat and air, electricity. All these things were not here in the garden during the "creation" of man. However, if you can accept for a moment that things evolve, that we are within a model that is FOREVER changing, then all these things are possible.
    Without "science", and I put quotes around it because everything to me is a science, there is nothing but man dead in the mud from a myriad of things (disease, other animals, natural disasters, etc...).
    I am not religious, I abandoned that part of me long ago, but it is not hard to accept that if something "created" everything we see, then evolution is a key part to that.
    If you believe what was written, by man, that we are all the offspring of two people, then everything that is being rallied against (gay marriage, incest, etc..) is really just silly.
    I however, would like to think that I am not related in any way to my wife and that we have a hand in some way of making the world a better place with the generation that we create who will help shape the next "step" in human evolution.
    Remember, evolution doesn't mean a third arm or no pinky toe. Evolution is just the progression of the species to survive in the environment around them.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The flaw in your theory, Precious Roy, is that indoor plumbing has not evolved. These new low-flow toilets can barely handle a square of Charmin.

So I think you are going to have to rethink everything that you think you know.

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Ace, are you saying that toilets are set to stun, when they should be set to kill. [/Zap Brannagan]

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted