1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we restart the evolution thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Pastor says he wouldn't go to a mechanic when he needs a surgeon, so he goes to scientist for science.

So since science is based on guesswork, would he go to a palm reader for a guess on his future?

Again, science is everchanging, and yesterday's fact is today's rebuff.

Carry on....or out.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

A hypothesis, which is then attempted to be proven, and often, the proof is altered, or further proof rebuffs the former proof.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Staggering ignorance.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe a Moddy can do everyone a favour and delete this thread now.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yawn...How many times do you need to have your ass handed to you on this argument? Three times a year? Four times? Five times? Please stop.

6. Gravity is, as we know, guesswork.
    Good guess, Isaac.

7. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

He can't stop. That would involve evolution.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't understand why conservatives aren't bigger supporters of the theory of evolution. It's all about adapting to your environment, survival of the fittest. If don't adapt, you don't survive.
    It's personal responsibility. I thought conservatives were big on personal responsibility.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You're conflating political theory with religious belief. That, like creationism, is something else I'm uncomfortable with.

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

If you want proof of evolution, all you have to do is ask a doctor about bacteria that have become immune to penicillin and other antibiotics. How do you think that happened? Magic?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, even the ardent creationists will allow for a limited form of evolving by current organisms, if I recall my reading and listening on the subject. Which is sporting of them.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Walls can't hand asses to anyone. They just sit there refusing to move or bend.

A hypothesis begins as an "educated guess" that seeks to validate itself with proof.

Your move, puds.

Draft saved Draft deleted