1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can We End The War On Drugs Now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 12, 2008.

1. It's not a philosophy.
    It's a policy proposal.
    Try again.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No need to try again. You can call it what you like. Neither major party has tried to govern that way, therefore it does not exist.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Putting weed in the same class as meth, heroin, or even coke is retarded.

It's not a gateway drug. It can be homegrown. It's natural. Some people will find it addictive, the same way some people find whiskey sours addictive, but most will not. And I would much, much rather be in a room filled with "potheads" than a room filled with rummy drunks.

It also keeps the world's market in jujube futures bullish.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It comes with a toy dragon for chasing purposes.

5. This is very dim, and unconnected to either thread of the two it is attempting to cross.
    Please try much harder.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Doesn't exist unless practiced in governance.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't know about you, but i was drunk the first time i tried herb ... cigs for that matter, too.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Not everyone who smokes pot becomes a meth/heroin/coke user, but I've never known a hard-drug addict who didn't start out with weed. And before you clowns get all snarky, I have been there and know what I'm talking about.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The gateway-drug stuff is ridiculous.

1. Because of the legal status, smoking pot forces you to associate with drug dealers.

B. Once you discover that you have been lied to about marijuana, you become more inclined to try other things you were told were 'bad for you.'

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Albert for the record I smoke weed and have for a number of years, I have also never tried anything other than weed.

11. cortez

cortez Member

I'll be getting high before I see Neil Young in Philly on Dec. 12.

12. jello042

jello042 New Member

There will never be an end to drugs, our gov. makes good profit from importing them at lower prices and selling them at higher prices.

Draft saved Draft deleted