1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we assume that Chris Myers REALLY dislikes Barack Obama?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Wow. This guy has been talking sideways about Barry for quite some time now, making slick comments about him whenever he's on the air.

Today in a conversation Chris had with perfect game winner Mark Burle, the pitcher informed him that he received a call from the President congratulating him on his perfect game, and Myers responds "yeah, i bet our tax dollars paid for that call."

LOL!!! I think the Morton's salt girl has some competition.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sports talk hosts should pay an income tax rate of 106 percent.

3. sg86

sg86 Member

It's all that NASCAR getting to him.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Co-hosting a show with Uber Blowhard Steve Hartman is a good way for Myers' own foibles to go unnoticed.

The bigger issue, BigChee, is: why are you wasting your time listening to that terrible, terrible, radio?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I AM OUTRAGED!!

Why is this on the sports and news thread?

I DEMAND this be moved over to the wingnut politics board

Where are the moddies when you need them?

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, god, Hartman's co-hosting with him? I used to hear that guy in San Diego when he did morning drive time with Chet Forte. What a bozo.

I still remember when he would spend every morning during baseball season ripping on the Union-Tribune Padres beat writer and saying how bad his stories were. The writer: Buster Olney.

Yeah, Steve, I'm sure it still kills Buster to remember those diatribes as he's seen on ESPN's baseball show every night while 95 percent of sports fans outside SoCal don't even know who you are.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hartman and Bill Werndl were a disaster too. Their typical interview was "Natrone Means' UNCLE!" Dude's always been an utter blowhard, a loudmouth who substitutes volume for actual considered opinion.

A few months ago, the "Loose cannons" team of Hartman/Vic The BrickDunce/Mychal Thompson (AKA "The idiots that come on after Rome") was suddenly broken up. Myers replaced Thompson, Brick's voice was greatly lessened, and the show went national. Think it was about the same time Clear Channel had the big purge. The late afternoon show of Matt "Money" smith and Petros Papadakis also went national, a clear indicator that the parent company had simply decided to whack hosts across the country and make the local know-nothings national.

Anyway, the dynamic can be fun to listen to, because it's kind of clear that Hartman is the second banana, and knows that in an "It's me or him" question, Myers would be staying and he would be on the street. Myers rips him often: "Yeah, Steve, you predicted this, right? You didn't say anything! You refused to commit!"

Hartman is on local sportscasts with local legend Jim Hill. He's gotta have incriminating photos of someone.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

Burle??

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Meyers is about as clever as a collapsing cane.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It IS an utterly assholish thing for Myers to say, given the historical body of work of Presidents in similar
    situations.

It simply brands Myers. Old story . . .Chris could have kept his mouth shut in that spot and have people think
    he's an asshole, or he could have cut loose as he did, and removed all doubt.

Draft saved Draft deleted