1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can terrorists stoop any lower?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 1, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with reduced violence in the country?

2. The people that we've killed have nothing to do with violence in Iraq?

3. three_bags_full

The amount of people who've died in the past, has nothing to do with the reduction in violence we've seen since spring, yes.

Edit: And, on top of that, the amount of people we've accidentally killed has nothing to do with the number of suicide bombings in the country, unless I missed the new Army suicide bomber training video.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

F_B, When I first heard of this act, I immediately assumed -- wrongly, possibly until it can be confirmed, of course, -- that the two bombers were Down Syndrome. Not sure why, but it was just a hunch. If anybody hears something more factual, please post.

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

As opposed to living in a country with a leader (?) who chucks the country's Constitution out on a whim...?

Let me think about that and get back to you.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Fortunately, Clinton has now been out of office for seven years.

8. Accidentally?
    Key word in your question is "live", Ace.
    And, not for nothing, but...
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/iraq/story/26030.html

9. three_bags_full

Accidentally? Are you accusing the U.S. military of intentionally killing civilians?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What make so many ill is the following sequence:

The basis/original justification of the Iraq war was twisted fantasy, to scatch the itch of some administration folks adhiring to bizarre rationales -- but scant true logic with which to back them up ("We'll be in and out . . . we'll be greeted with rose petals", ad nauseum.)

Fast forward. We're bogged down. Rumsfeld's essentially scapegoated. W goes with the Surge, because once you're at the crap table and you're chasing from behind, and the only way to try to win out is to try to double up to look good . . . what the hell, it isn't W's money . . . or his kids.

So the Surge has some modest, positive effect, in terms of incrementally reducing resistance. Meanwhile, the dollar's been blown to perdition and we owe the world,
    thanks in significant part to W, Little Dick's, Wolfie's adventure.

But the hornets' nest remains stirred up, and doesn't figure to calm down, for decades.

W's a lifetime .180 hitter, if that. The Surge stands as a bunt single, in a game the population would have wholly rejected, if the broad citizenry had been able to gain a full understanding of the region and been granted the opportunity to calibrate the (small!)
    chance W's and Dickie's scenario would have proven viable.

Given all that, it's easy to understand the skeptic's unwillingness to rack up points for marginal triumphs in what has been an unmitigated disaster, driven by egotism and greed.
    Unless you're a Halliburton stockholder.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And no I haven't. You can't find the post where I do. The problem is that you think any post about anything involving Islamic terrorists is calling all Muslims terrorists just by posting it.

I have been quick to add that the terrorists are a tiny minority of Muslims.

Keep speaking with the forked tongue Fens. You may believe yourself some day.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's exactly what he's doing. It's the fallback position of the hard left every time. But they support the troops. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted