1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can terrorists stoop any lower?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 1, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Dude, you have to admit, at some point, that things are getting better.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Better for who?

What’s never talked about is how we’ve destroyed the lives of tens millions of citizens who have to actually live there. Can you imagine the trauma of day to day life there? To raise children there? To be a child there?

They don’t deserve this. Nobody does.

The electricity still isn't up, for fuck's sake.

Better?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's not better.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.reallife/index.html

It's not better there. We have fucked over that country like nobody's business. Say nothing of the cost to us, and our soldiers. We've fucked over the Iraqs something terrible. We've shattered the lives of practically the whole country.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's better. How would you like to live in a country with a crazy dictator in charge?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not a perfect solution, but the average Iraqi citizen had no contact or dealings with the crazy dictator. They got up in the morning, went to work or school, then came home. Pretty normal.

Two million Iraqis did NOT flee the country when he was in charge. How come? Was he guarding the border that well? Gee, teach us how to do that.

The electricity worked. You did not risk your life going to the supermarket. There were no daily downtown bombings. Sunnis had it much better than Shia . . . but Shia were not routinely rounded up and executed . . . just for being Shia. Al-Qaeda was not in the country.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not interested in testing that theory, thanks.

Not interested in testing that theory, thanks.

7. Better for Halliburton.
    Better for Iran.
    Better for Blackwater.
    I'm out of possibilities now.
    Take an honest plebiscite among the Iraqis about whether or not we should be there or leave NOW. Which option wins?

8. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Sickening.

That said, I heard a reporter who was in Iraq say about 2 percent of the terrorism there is Al Qaeda. The reason we hear about Al Qaeda terrorism, and not the rest, in political speeches and what not is the government knows we hear "Al Qaeda" and hit the gas pedal a lot harder in the outragemobile than when we just hear generic "terrorists."

Since I heard that report, I noticed a lot of Republican speeches dripping with "Al Qaeda" references.

Sorry. Didn't mean to threadjack. As I said, sickening.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah ... like I posted before, if both women were not retarded or had Downs Syndrome, then that makes it all right, doesn't it? We'll just give them a free one.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't think that's what he meant.

11. three_bags_full

Hell, I didn't say it was great. Hell, I didn't say it was good. I challenge you to look at my posts and find a post where I've said it's better now than it was in Feb. 2003.

But IT IS better now than it has been since we fucked it up in Feb. 2003. I don't care what anyone says. That's a fact.

12. three_bags_full

Fewer people are dying. How's that out of context?

Draft saved Draft deleted