1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can terrorists stoop any lower?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 1, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Is that what smells? Oh, wait...
    Ok, all kidding aside...that was one of the things I remember during 9/11, all the care they had to take during the autopsies of the hijackers - they had to make sure they didn't divert from Muslim customs. Women couldn't be present during the autopsy, could assist in cleaning, but their genitals had to be covered.
    Also, there was something about their remains had to be collected and buried all together, if any part was later found, it had to be buried with that, as it all has to be together. I wish they had given them a big FU and thrown them in the trash - one part in Maine, one in Florida, one in Washington state and one in California.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I walked into a shitter once in a very modern Muslim country and walked out gagging with watery eyes. the most disgusting smell and sight I'd ever seen.

Lots of nasty mo-fos on that side of the pond.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Ever been in a Denny's restroom?
    Ain't much better over here.

4. three_bags_full

The worst Denny's/Waffle House restroom is light years ahead of the cleanest of restrooms in most of those countries.

Really, there is no comparison.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I know, I was being a smartass.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You'll notice, Mark, that in the story linked above, not one real person is quoted by name regarding whether the bombers were Down's Syndrome and none of the people quoted by name seemed to be able to substantiate it.

So it may be true, may not be true. Too juicy for Fox to keep from jumping all over it, though.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fuck terrorists. That is all.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Sorry, Ace.
    The fact that they use women and children and mosques as shields to begin with - there is no doubt in my mind this is true.

9. three_bags_full

Ahem, Ace. Not just Fox, bud.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/02/01/iraq.main/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7221639.stm

And here's one from AFP.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080201/wl_mideast_afp/iraqunrest_12

10. three_bags_full

From today's NYT.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

CNN actually quotes a person about it. Imagine that!

12. So the end of a "lull" proves that the Surge worked because it doesn;t any more?
    Yes, and the country shows every sign of moving forward with political reconciliation.
    And I am the czar of all the Russias.
    All the info about the bombers is still coming from Iraqi police and the outrage from the USG.
    We shall see.

Draft saved Draft deleted