1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone post Rick Reilly's latest column from Sports Illustrated...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Rick Reilly often comes off as having a certain "rare-air" intrigue about himself.
    He seems, at times, (in print anyway .. I've never met him personally) to regard himself as a elitest, upper echelon writer.
    When he uses God and Joseph in conversational writing, as he's done here, it adds to my thoughts that he sort of takes himself a bit too seriously.
    Whitlock is more of an everyman's man, comapred to Reilly.
    But I didn't totally not enjoy Reilly's piece. It had its moments and I read it to the end.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

An old joke, but still funny.

3. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Reilly wrote a nice piece. It wasn't HATEFUL!

Whitlock was looking for vindication - he didn't get it.

Reilly appeared to have enjoyed himself. That's a good thing. I enjoy writers that "appear" to enjoy their work.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Reilly is an incredible talent, but he's definitely been phoning it in for awhile...

I've known Reilly for years, he's not an elitist. He has an ego, but it's not on the level of some of the guys in this business...

Draft saved Draft deleted