1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone post Rick Reilly's latest column from Sports Illustrated...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Feb 22, 2007.

1. jgmcg unintentionally misled us about the column... no biggie... it was clever. no meat on the bones but clever. no reason to compare to my column. we were doing 2 different things.

thank you for posting.

2. yeah

you were writing a good column

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I laughed at the "Did they have sandwiches?" joke. That's something. Though I did find it mildy offensive to have God portrayed as being somewhat slow and clueless. And I'm agnostic and despise organized religion.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Jason -

Let's not use the word "misled" injudiciously. My original quote, from the other thread:

Reilly treads a lot of the same ground in his SI column this week.

A comment intended to refer to your first AOL piece about the NBA weekend - and the Bill Simmons piece on the same topic - which were being discussed there.

Clearly, there's no point in comparing your later, firebreathing AOL piece with Mr. Reilly's comic thoughts from much earlier in the week.

5. I read it more as God being a detached observer .. someone with something better to do than read about tabloid celebrities, but doesn't mind chatting about it over a cup of coffee ... kinda like my mother

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Fair enough. I wasn't deeply outraged and wasn't going to call SI or write Reilly or anything. I just found it an odd portrayal.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

:D ;D I do that all the time.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And the residents at South Quad sure do thank you...

9. I'll send you some Krispy Kreme coupons... ;)

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

But Reilly didn't mention Pacman???

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

That Reilly "column" was a piece of shit.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Most of them are.

Draft saved Draft deleted