1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone explain the obsession w/Ronda Rousey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ringer, May 15, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Who knew Danny Trejo had a daughter? I hope she fares better in UFC than George Lucas' daughter.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Nah, too easy.

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I'd cast her for that Jennifer Garner biopic.

4. Bump ...
    My girl is all set to rip out Bethe Correia's arm tonight.

cjericho and spikechiquet like this.
  5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, but she said she plans on making her hurt "if she doesn't like her"....I don't think Rhonda likey Bethe.

6. After the suicide comments Bethe is gonna hurt. Bad.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

34 seconds.

Glass Joe nods his head.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Didn't she paralyze Hillary Swank in "Million Dollar Baby"?

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

After seeing the explosion of coverage this morning, I have to admit I'm 100 percent in the OP's camp. I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

She missed with the majority of the punches......seemed very sloppy. She's the best in a very small class of women. The headlines are hyperbole. Serena Williams is infinitely more impressive because she's beating opponents that have a clue.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She's the big fish in a small pond. She really can't help it that there is no competition on her level. She's now beaten all of the fighters in the women's bantamweight division's top five, as well as six of the top seven and seven of the top 10.

Sure, she's getting a lot more attention because she's decent looking and American. If she looked like Cyborg she would not be getting nearly this level of coverage. If she's as smart as she seems to be she'll whip ass a little while longer, retire permanently with her brain, looks, and undefeated record intact, and make action movies. She's set up to cash in and be set for life.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can see her "retiring" in the next couple of years, if only to let some other contenders to emerge ahead of her comeback a year later.

Draft saved Draft deleted