1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Pitino survive?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bob, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Ah the stories. Let's put it this way: More than one college coach has ended up with his clothes out on the lawn after wifey found out about their extracurrics. Never understood that whole clothes on the lawn thing. And if Joanne Pitino has stayed with him this long, she ain't giving up the good life for this. It's all about winning. Louisville might slap his wrist but I doubt it. He'll survive as long as he wins.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe Pitino's wife can open a L'ville franchise for the former Mrs. Bruce Pearl...

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2008/nov/25/bruce-pearls-ex-opens-new-business-alimonys/

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hell, this will probably give him street cred with recruits... ;D

I've heard a lot of stories about coaches and extra-curricular activities, but my favorite involves a coach paying the mother the go away and taking the child and announcing that it was "adopted"

Hard to top that one.

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Wow. I never heard that one. But there's the one about a certain high-profile college coach who was flying both wife and girlfriend to the NCAA Tournament and they happened to get seated right next to each other in first class. The ladies got to chatting and figured out they were both "keeping company" with the same deadbeat dude and voila... instant clothes on lawn followed by divorce.

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

The pride of Johnson City, Tennessee!

rb

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Does anyone really care that Rick Pitino did the nasty in a restaurant and paid for an abortion? Hey, if he has a winning season and takes the Cards to the Final Four or win it all, this will all be forgotten. Anything less than a deep NCAA run and Rick may be history in Louisville. IMO.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As somebody else mentioned, as thin-skinned as he is it will be interesting to see how he handles the abuse he's going to take on the road this season. Damn shame they don't play at Duke.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am led to believe that there are quite a few people in this country who have a problem with abortion, so they may care.

Health inspectors may have an issue, too.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

But that's ok, because that coach is an "offensive genius."

Draft saved Draft deleted