1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Pitino survive?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bob, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Bravo--well played.

Considering the affair was six years ago and Lousiville is coming off a Big East championship and Elite Eight appearance, I would say as long as Pitino doesn't start hanging around a lot with Bob Huggins and Larry Eustachy, the recent past will trump the distant past.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm willing to bet this is not the first time ol Rick has used his joy stick to please another. No inside info. Just a hunch.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Always count on Cal to continue lowering the bar. Of course, Rick Pitino kinda helped with a few shovels and a backhoe or two.

Sadly, Pitino will keep that job as long as he continues to keep Kentucky at bay and turns Louisville back into the Doctors of Dunk.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This'll create a buzz for a week or two, then something else will happen (say, for instance, the Keeper Of The List will drop another big-name alleged doper or two) and the leering press will move on. By the PNIT this will be all but forgotten.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Coach cheats on his wife, news at 11...

I know the extortion plot is the reason this is news.

Hell, at least he isn't paying off a Duke cheerleader to give them the baby and then stay out of the picture permanently and then claiming the kid that looks just like him is "adopted"

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

It is SO not the first time. He was infamous at UK for his skirt chasing.

8. Mizzougrad96

I'd bet serious money that 80-90 percent of major college and professional coaches have cheated on their wives at some point during their careers.

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

So the "morality clause" in his contract won't be invoked by his bosses?

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Why Mizzou, I have no idea (cough, cough, SOS, cough ...) who you could be referring to!

Rumors of some extracurriculars also had a hand, I hear, in bringing down Alabama coach Mark Gottfried last year.

RB

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It would be if they hadn't been the overall No. 1 seed in the tournament last year.

12. Mizzougrad96

I'd like to know of a time when they brought down a coach who was winning...

Draft saved Draft deleted