1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Pitino survive?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bob, Aug 12, 2009.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Guess he retired early that night and did not get invited to Reggie's party.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"I didn't pay for her abortion ... I bought her ....

Ummm, medical insurance.

Yeah, insurance.

That's the ticket!"

From: http://www.newsday.com/lawyer-pitino-paid-for-insurance-not-abortion-1.1363786

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Insurance for my girlfriend... Heather Locklear...

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't Pitino a devout Catholic?

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

In more ways than one...

6. mb

mb Active Member

Yes. At least according to the posts about five or six up. ;)

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In Kentucky, as wells as just about everywhere else wins > morality. We've seen too many cases where people only play the "morality" card when it's not someone "on their side."

I read on a blog that Pitino is a Muslim.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So he paid for health insurance? Hmmm. Work out a few bugs, and this could be the way to solve the health care crisis.

9. noodles

noodles Member

If he's coaching at Notre Dame or Marquette, he's done today. Not at Louisville, where the...um...standards are a little different. The Cardinals are like the city's NBA team. This will have fallout for the next few weeks, but as long as Pitino challenges for another Big East league championship, gets a first-round bye in the league tournament and goes deep into March, it will be like nothing ever happened.

If Pitino feared this would take him down, he'd have chased the Sacramento job a little harder.

Plus, this is an affair that happened, what, six years ago? For all we know, the Misssus learned about it long ago. Then again, maybe not. :eek:

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Condemnation that it wasn't a 12 year old altar boy.

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

As long as Pitino keeps winning, he's fine. Many coaches with questionable ethics have stuck around because they win games and national championships.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yet another reason I'm glad I made the switch to Greek Orthodox. My priest is happily married with three kids.

Back to Pitino, I suspect that if he survives the first two weeks, he'll be coach at Louisville for as long as he continues 25 plus games a season.

Draft saved Draft deleted