1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Michael Vick get through a press conference without being...well, himself?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Oct 3, 2011.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

He's always going to have the dog issue, no matter what. Much like people will always remember Roethlisberger for a bar bathroom or for a motorcycle with no helmet, among others. And I know there are a lot of people waiting for him to screw up again so they can say "I told ya so."

My issue besides the dogs is that a perfectly good QB got kicked out of a job for being hurt, but now Kolb's in Arizona and he has a chance to make a name for himself out there without looking over his shoulder.

I guess in the end we'll see if Vick can turn it around. Maybe if he'd stop being so reckless on the field the Eagles would have a chance... and yes, if his teammates turned up THEIR game a notch or two.

2. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

1 human life > 1,000 dog lives

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Spare me your bullshit, Lewis didn't murder anybody. Vick is a psychopath who killed and abused dogs.

4. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I have. I love dogs but I also believe people who paid their debt deserve a second chance.

And the 1>1,000 thing had to do with Stallworth, not Lewis.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Who could have guessed this thread would turn into a referendum on Vick's past crime with basically zero to do with what he said in the press conference?

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

For some reason, whenever Vick is mentioned, folks just want to release the hounds.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And now, there's an ASPCA banner at the bottom of this page, so, well ...

8. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I got ads for women's shoes at the top and bottom. No idea why considering I'm male, don't shop for clothing or shoes online and don't cross dress. All I can think of is I was on Woot about 10 minutes ago.

9. JPsT

JPsT Member

And from Oggiedoggie to boot. Well played, sir.

Draft saved Draft deleted