1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Michael Vick get through a press conference without being...well, himself?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Reuben Frank is right. The reporter asked a really stupid question and Vick gave a really honest response. You want him to swallow the insult and spout bullshit every time like Tiger Woods would do?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If he's accessible at his locker after every practice that's better than most of the top starters in the league, who usually only speak at a weekly presser.

I'm not a Vick fan on any level, but I think this is getting blown out of proportion.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Why do you hate dogs, Mizzou?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did Michael Vick try to throw a pass while being tackled at the 2-yard line?

Did Michael Vick fumble while his team was driving for the winning score?

There are a lot of people to blame for that loss yesterday. Michael Vick wasn't one of them.

5. Reuben Frank

Reuben Frank Member

You honestly don't think these are issues the Philly media (and national media) has written about and exmained exhaustively the last month?

This is the whole essence of the Michael Vick dilemma: An absolutely brilliant talent who lives so far on the edge we all wonder if he can survive a 16-game season. That's all we've written about since Day 1 of training camp.

What planet do you live on where "the media" hasn't examined this exact issue ad infinitum?

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Actually you just described Ben Roethlisberger and Brett Favre perfectly - minus the injuries - and both of those guys have done OK.

7. JPsT

JPsT Member

I get that you hate Mike Vick for what he did. Really, I do. I promise.

This thread is not about that. It's about how Vick responded to a question at a news conference.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Wow, Reuben Frank sure is gunning for that "Mike" Vick book deal.

9. Reuben Frank

Reuben Frank Member

Huh? What are you talking about "Piotr Rasputin?"

Why the hell doesn't anybody around here use their real name? What are ya'all scared of?

10. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

You're note under your avatar is missing two words. It should say "I'm full of myself."

Look, we get it. You will never forgive him. You reiterate that each and every time he is brought up anywhere on this board. YOU are not what we are posting about. You keep injecting that you hate him and always will no matter what. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

He's up to his old ways? He's on pace for 4,000 yards, never done that before. He has four turnovers in four games. A large majority of the QB's have started four games have at least that many.

As far as the injuries go, the head injury came in the pocket and so did the hand injury. He hasn't been injured from running.

If you have an ax to grind and can't view something objectively then just don't post. You have a grudge and your opinion means nothing because you have a massive bias.

This particular press conference comment issue is purely the result of people, including ESPN, making something out of nothing because they knew it would cause a controversy. He answered how he should have and exactly how other QB's have before him. Ever seen Manning or Brady after a bad loss? Cold and reclusive. They act pissed off that they even have to be there. Why? Because they just suffered a bad loss. It's human nature to be pissed off.

11. Reuben Frank

Reuben Frank Member

well said

for the record, he has 6 turnovers in 4 games -- 3 INTs, 3 lost fumbles

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Where's the shaky head emoticon when you need it?

Draft saved Draft deleted