1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Michael Vick get through a press conference without being...well, himself?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Oct 3, 2011.

1. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Looks like the comeback kid part of the transition is over in Philly...now, the Eagles are losing and Michael Vick is back to his ways of trying to intimidate reporters after every loss. "Are you really asking me that? Are you seriously asking me that?"

Uh, yes, I just did, do you need me to repeat the question?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Talk about...

3. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Ugh. Way to take things out of context and not present the whole story but just an empty quote.

Hate on hater.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Petulant asshole. He may not kill dogs anymore, but he hasn't changed.

5. Reuben Frank

Reuben Frank Member

oh good lord

Mike is the least intimidating guy in that locker room. other than maybe Chad Hall

Mike has a terrific relationship with all the beat guys, is available at his locker before and after every practice, is around for 1-on-1 stuff when you need him, jokes around with us all the time at his locker ... I can't think of a more accessible, down-to-earth. good-natured superstar that I've covered, and I've covered this team for a while.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hey Rueben, talk about T.O.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

In his defense, the "how do you feel" inquiry right after a heartbreaking loss is about as lazy and trite as questions get. What the hell do you think he's gonna say? At least he handled it honestly instead of blowing BS.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Any time an interviewer starts with "Talk about..." he/she should get a three game suspension without pay.

Lazy ass reporting.

"

9. Reuben Frank

Reuben Frank Member

Yeah, it's R-E-U-B-E-N ... what do you mean, "Talk about T.O.?"

here's are links to Mike's post-game presser. Typically insightful and detailed. He really listens to every question he's asked and does his best to give a genuine, honest, thoughtful answer.

transcript: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Game-Vs-49ers-QB-Michael-Vick-/5425dacd-067d-458f-a9c5-c4b2445d9fe7

video: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Press-Pass-QB-Michael-Vick/eede77d9-afda-4b1a-bc0e-0508b77befec

the guy's clearly trying to intimidate people, right?

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

R-E-U-B-E-N is obviously a cat guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

11. Reuben Frank

Reuben Frank Member

what? where did I say I don't understand that some people won't think he's a good guy? what are you talking about?

I responded only to the original poster's ridiculous assertion that Mike is "back to his ways of trying to intimidate reporters."

12. Reuben Frank

Reuben Frank Member

terribly allergic to cats

this has nothing to do with dogs or cats. it has to do with somebody who calls himself "flexmaster33" making a ridiculous assertion and me explaining why it's ridiculous

Draft saved Draft deleted