1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can I PLEASE get a list of all-state softball players?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by fossywriter8, Jun 10, 2010.

1. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Dear Ohio High School Fastpitch Softball Coaches Association,
    Kindly take that short, stubby digit out of your posterior and, after cleaning it, provide us with the list of All-Ohio softball players.
    I know weather pushed one of the four title games to Sunday (June 6), but it is now Thursday (June 10) and your Web site only lists last year's All-Ohio players. However, I know the list was compiled some time ago because a local coach sent an E-mail on May 26 listing the honors for his players, one of whom made the Division III first team.
    Once you give us the list, you have my blessing on sticking your digit back where it was.
    Thanks,
    fossywriter8

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Have you considered calling them rather than just waiting for the Web site to be updated?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

killjoy

4. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Valid question.
    Yes, I called and was referred to said coach. Said coach was also upset about it not being updated, and he only has his division's list.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Try groveling. Coaches like that.

6. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

fossywriter...you have email

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Just use the one coach's list and fill in the rest with "Some Fucker."

Draft saved Draft deleted