1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can I get a price check on the b**** in aisle two?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 13, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

For years, I would do all my shopping after work. Some odd creatures in the store after midnight, but it was hardly ever a hassle.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Don't you DARE talk shit about Ukrop's. Unless it's the Sunday or no-booze things, in which case, flame away.

While I hate that it's not Ukrop's any more, Martin's will still take your groceries out to your car if you want. I've never taken them up on it, even with Lil' Circus in tow. But they still do it. They kept the prepared-food section as well (always a Ukrop's highlight) and they're now open seven days a week and sell beer and wine.

I know it's Richmond heresy to say this, but for me it's a win-win.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

CB - I haven't read all of this, just some of the highlights. But since when do YOU have a pansy gene? Not the CB I know and love. Good restraint not telling the person off with the youngster in tow. You would have been well within your rights.

Of course, I ultimately blame the M&Ms.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I want some evidence that establishes the veracity of this statement.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I still get freaked out when I see the beer selection at the store I've known as Ukrop's for years. I still go there because it's cheaper than the Ellwood Thompson's, which may expand to include all of Carytown by the end of 2015. Plus I'm intimidated by those organic food people, because I know they're doing far grander things with their chicken tenderloins than shoving it in a Foreman grill for a few minutes and throwing them in a mixing bowl with rice, mushrooms, onions and bbq sauce.

Do I need a woman or WHAT.

Draft saved Draft deleted