1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can I get a price check on the b**** in aisle two?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

People have no manners anymore. Not even willing to make the smallest sacrifices.

I hold the door open for an old woman not to be a hero, but because I would want somebody to do it for my own mother. I watched an assmunch last night just let the door close on the lady, who was clearly infirm.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hell, I thought the other woman was out of line before I got to the part where you mentioned that you had your baby with you, CB. Throw that into the mix and she looks even worse.

You were absolutely right to just leave, too. No way do you need to get into a conflict with your little one there.

The store where we shop has similar self-checkouts, basically the old lanes were converted. The good thing, though, is it will not let you start checking your items until the bagging area is clear. If the lane is working properly (not always a sure thing), they can't do what that bitch did to you.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

CB, you're totally in the right.

Now let it go.

You've wasted too much energy on the bitch.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Had my own supermarket encounter tonight. Went for quick trip to grab a few items. Got in back of 1 guy and his kid in 12 item express lane. I counted 13 items in his cart. Checker goes through all his items and he realizes that he needs ice cream so he sends his kid off on the mission. Meanwhile line is now 7 deep and we are all in holding pattern. Kid finally comes back and checker goes to ring up ice cream and finds that register has reset and he now has to rescan
    everything that has already been bagged. I opted for the dirty look but the lady behind me screams out "this is ridiculous, quit wasting our time" The guy mumbles a weak sorry and slinks away.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I hate when you're second in line...and something goes haywire on the part of the store, causing the person in front of you to be delayed in paying...and then the clerk apologizes to only that person.

Hey, you're wasting my time, too.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I've always thought that the express lane registers should be set to ONLY ring up the maximum number of items. Once that limit is reached, you have to pay for those items. If you have more, you have to get in the back of the line and start over.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Self-checkouts are bullshit.

Part of the service you're paying for is to put your items on the belt, have a store employee handle the scanning, looking up produce codes, etc., and then having a store employee bag it all up and load it in your cart (and your car, if you so desire).

If I am going to do that work of those store employees, then I should get some money taken off my final total.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You go to a store that bags your stuff?

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There's a chain of stores in the Cleveland area that not only bags your groceries, but also load them in your car when you bring it to the door.

The Kroger or Meijer I go to the cashier usually bags as they scan the items.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Do people under 70 utilize the bringing-them-to-your-car service? I'd be embarrassed to do such a thing.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

This sort of situation is exactly why, before I walk into any Walmart, I put on Spandex shorts that are at least three sizes too small, combat boots and a polka dot bikini top.

No body messes with me.

Either that, or I just use the checkout in the jewelry department.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Jeez, there was a chain of grocery stores in Richmond (Ukrops) where they basically forced you at gunpoint to let people over the age of 100 bring your groceries to your car and load them for you. I hated it.

Draft saved Draft deleted