1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can I get a price check on the b**** in aisle two?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 13, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Moron should have waited. I rarely use the self-checkouts, but some people swear by them.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bad enough that the moron knocked your stuff over, but then she complained to you that you were too slow?

Heck, I would have taken my sweet ass time after that. Checking each item, reading the label to make sure it was the proper one, before exiting.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The more I think about this (damn, I must be bored...) the more I think the wildcard in the scenario is the child...

Obviously, the bitch must be barren; she's so upset about that, she drinks rum & Coke and watches Twilight movies each and every weekend by herself. Learning that the Twilight chick gets pregnant in the new one, the bitch drains her last soda, and heads out to the store to restock ASAP. Only in doing that, she runs across a mom and her child, igniting a rage in her that to this very moment continues to burn.

She'll be back at the store for Coke within the hour. Only this time, she'll be restocking on rum, too.

Oh, and Ding-dongs.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, the bitch should have waited.

Going slightly off topic, grocery stores are starting to experiment/think about taking out the self service lanes, in an effort to be more customer service oriented and more friendly to the shopper.

There's a chain in Ohio that is doing that, along with a couple Kroger's around here.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The woman was nuts and totally out of line. I wouldn't worry about it, CB.

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The Walmart where my sister works took out the self-check lanes in the last remodel. She says it was actually because its too easy to steal stuff via the self-checkout because only one person was assigned to look at what was going on at four registers.

The Dillons in the same town have kept the self-checks at both its stores, also with one person overseeing four lanes. The problem with their self-checkouts is that if you don't do things just right, the system freezes and you have to wait for the person to punch a button so you can keep going.

The Home Depot my mom works at has also kept the self-checks. But they don't have anyone assigned to look at them. She says they get robbed blind on stuff a person can fit in their pockets but the managers seem entirely unconcerned with that.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Perhaps I shouldn't have referred to my child as Renesmee in front of her then?
    /amhopingyougetthereference

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

These particular self-checkout lanes are stupid. I've been to Krogers where you simply bag the item in an area located right next to the scanner, like IJAG mentioned. I get that. But this Shoppers Warehouse or Whorehouse or whatever it is simply converted an old checkout line into what it is now. If you're by yourself, it seems so dumb to scan your items, send them down the belt, and then bag. Especially when the store does not place a limit on the number of items in your basket for those lanes. People will use them with fantastically full carts. I'm never shopping there again. I'm going to start urban foraging.

9. TigerVols

/IDoAndNowIHaveToBurnMyManCard

10. TigerVols

They are unconcerned in that they know a vast majority of their customers are honest, and the ones who aren't are stealing things of a size that makes them relatively cheap, especially when compared to hourly wages (and, God forbid, benefits) for the 2 or 3 employees per shift that HD no longer has to employ.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Save that for those who'll pay extra.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Care Bear, you are totally in the right in this situation. There is no way that a decent person with any sort of manners and/or human decency should send an item (much less something like a 2-liter of soda) down a conveyor belt to the end when someone is still bagging their stuff.

Honestly, I am amazed (unfortunately often daily) at the level of self-entitlement and rudeness that so many people in this day and age exhibit.

You should be commended for keeping your cool and moving on and venting here. This lady probably leads an extremely miserable life and I truly believe that people like this will get their just dues. Karma will kick her in the ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted