1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Gannett sink any lower?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'd hope with this publicity, someone would snap her up in an instant. Just the act of donating a kidney says a lot about the character of the woman.

2. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

If it had been a Gannett corporate executive (even a lower-level one), they probably would've given the guy/girl a raise and a bonus ...

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Every time I read a story like this, I'm amazed that nobody has shot up a newsroom.

Amazed.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Probably because your average reporter can't afford a gun and bullets on what they make.

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

And if it had been a Gannett reporter, the company would have confiscated the kidney.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Whose her boss, Ina Garten?

7. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

Please tell me this was the worst April Fool's Day joke ever.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

An ex-girlfriend of mine just quit working there about a month ago. They've succeeded in driving her out of the news business, at least based on our last conversation.

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I think it would be more satisfying to take a baseball bat to the offending beancounters. Something about hearing them squeal for help when everyone in creation knows they would be completely unwilling to render same.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What a bunch of assholes.

This story really hits home to me. A good friend of mine's mother suffers from polycystic kidney disease. Her daughter was going through the process to become a living donor when she found out she had the disease herself and is at a much further advanced stage than her mother was at her age. It's incurable, and her mother got so sick they had to remove both of her kidneys. She has to go to dialysis several times a week and is on a special diet until they find a donor.

Fuck. What a bunch of assholes.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Probably not. They would have still gotten rid of her so Dubow could get his bonus.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fixed.

But it's par for the course for this company. This is the same place that put out an e-mail updating Dubow's back surgery during the same week that they announced layoffs.

Draft saved Draft deleted