1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can anyone remember...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FireJimTressel.com, Jan 3, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the other hand, my hero and idol waits until the bus has gone and the moving van has left the driveway -- except for Scott Mitchell.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Same thought here ... it might not be entirely off-base to slam him for slamming Saban after he leaves, but to hear talk here, one would think LeBatard did NOTHING but apologize.

Here's the obvious exception to the rule.

Funny how Alabama probably didn't want another coach lacking loyalty after the Dennis Franchione fiasco. Yet Nick Saban, a man whose credibility - at least when it comes to loyalty - has eroded, is going to Tuscaloosa.

Good luck, Alabama media. You'll need it.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is not getting the claws out. This is not brave. This is pandering of a different sort. Instead of pandering to your buddies the misunderstood athletes, you are pandering to the readers who are angry about being jilted.

Ripping a guy when he leaves is cowardice. Not say it shouldn't be done or isn't deserved but it doesn't mean you all of a sudden grew a pair.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ripping on a gutless shiftless sleazebag like $aban -- a completely unprincipled chronic liar who habitually treats the media with utter contempt and uses it to advance his own moneygrubbing objectives -- is never a bad thing.

Instead of the endless fellatio-fest in which DLB usually engages, finally he breaks out the sharp teeth. Feels good, doesn't it, Danny? Try it on an athlete sometime. :D :D :D

Hell, it would be fun, even from afar, to see Mariotti jump on this one. You're a "national columnist," Jay. Have at it. :D :D :D

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm not all of a sudden Dan LeBatard's newest fan. But it was a nice change.

When was he supposed to write this? Before it happened? Then we'd all be blasting him about begging him to stay, thinking himself too important, etc., etc. I'm not sure he could have handled this much better.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The problem with that is, the whole reason DLB is ripping him is BECAUSE he's on his way out the door.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Baby steps, Star. Baby steps.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I said it on the other thread, but I'll repeat it:

My favorite Florida columnist brought the funk today.

Draft saved Draft deleted