1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a Jedi lightsaber cut through Superman?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by andyouare?, Feb 6, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mine just shakes her head. Even better, she knows I'll be standing around talking fantasy baseball with the manager at my local shop pretty much every time I go (he and I are in a league together). Those are the moments she really must wonder what the hell she was thinking.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A classic -- Superman Retires:

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wasn't the Star Wars comic series a Marvel product?

4. outofplace

Yes. I think Dark Horse publishes Star Wars comics now, though.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I didn't know it was still being published.
    I didn't read the Star Wars comics when I was a kid, but I remember seeing them.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dark Horse does indeed publish the comics now. There are several series running, as far as I know, including "Infinities", which is a sort of "What If?" book set in the Star Wars universe. I don't read them regularly, but do pick one up occasionally.

7. outofplace

I read a couple of those Infinities. Fun stuff, but I like "What If" stories. There was one in which Vader and the Emperor both survive the end of Return of the Jedi. Intersting visual of Vader in all-white armor at the end.

Sure, come on over to the good side. All the brutal killing you've done over the years? No big. Your kid says you're much better now, so all is forgiven.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Dark Horse is only printing two ongoing Star Wars title currently - Rebellion and Legacy. Infinities was a miniseries that was quite ... interesting.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We should invite the folks from the Sons of Sam Horn over to discuss this.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

This thread has pretty much the same effect on my self-esteem as a trip to Wal-Mart. 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted