1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a Jedi lightsaber cut through Superman?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by andyouare?, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The only thing that would determine it would be the location of the battle.
    If it happens on earth or in any solar system with a yellow sun, then the light saber would not harm him.
    Even if you set the light saber to match the frequency or temperature of a red sun, Superman would still be under the overwhelming influence of the yellow sun, drawing power from the yellow sun and thus would be impervious to the light saber, even if it was red.

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Everyone keeps saying, "...If the Jedi can even get close enough to Superman."

A Jedi's Force Throw powers would have to factor in here. Take out the yellow sun (say it's happening on a Rebel transport) and a Kryptonian crystal used in the construction of the lightsaber. A Force throw or lift could at least stun Superman long enough to get close and engage the Man of Steel in combat.

Why yes, I do sleep alone. Why do you ask?

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Forget all of that. What I want to see is Superman get some Jedi training. Then there would be no stopping him.

4. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Wouldn't Hal Jordan/Green Lantern (FUCK Kyle Rayner) be a more worthy candidate for Jedi training?

5. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Wouldn't it matter what planet the said encounter with Superman and the light saber happened? If it's on a planet in a system that does not have a yellow sun, Superman's power would be greatly diminished. So if the encounter occurred in say the Hoth system, a light saber might very well take out Superman.

6. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

He could certainly use it more. I'm still not sure what exactly his power is.

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

That Superman would battle Rebels on Hoth scares me. Darth Superman? That's enough to induce nightmares.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Were the suns on Tatooine Red or Yellow... I can't remember.
    If the fight was there, with two red suns shining bright, wouldn't Superman be in alot of trouble?

9. This is frightening.

Carry on.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You know what is frightening, Friend? Yeah ... you do.

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Twin yellow suns. Superman would fuck Mos Eisley up proper.

12. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Aren't all of Superman's powers physical? A jedi could just say, "I am not the man you want to send flying through 17 states with a flick of your finger." Or, "I am not the guy in a hood you are looking to destroy with your laser eyes." Basically, a jedi could make Superman his bitch, if he really wanted to. Then he could have Superman do the dirty work. Unless the sun gives Superman mental powers I'm not aware of.

Draft saved Draft deleted