1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Campbell vs. Portis. Campbell wins. Big.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 6, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well, I think if Mike Shanahan can't turn him into a good quarterback nobody can and he, too me, smells of a very mediocre player who will never be able to elevate that team or any team into anything more than an 8-8, 9-7 kind of team, particularly given the other three quarterbacks in that division.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

You may be right. I just think he deserves another chance. And, as you said, I think Shanahan is his best shot.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Campbell didn't come up from poverty or anything near it.
    His family was middle class.
    I just like that he's stayed humble.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If you played behind that horseshit OL, you'd suck like Jason Campbell, too.

Thanks to that, he's probably damaged goods like David Carr.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What have the Skins won with Portis? Zippy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

That's right, and they will never win anything with Campbell. He could be the second coming of Mother Theresa, doesn't mean he is a good QB.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

True, but I happen to think he's a fine QB. Good enough to win the Super Bowl? Maybe not, but do I think he can get the Skins to the playoffs? No question. And once you're in the playoffs, you never know what can happen. Let's crawl before we walk.

Draft saved Draft deleted