1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Campbell vs. Portis. Campbell wins. Big.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 6, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/05/AR2010010503744.html

If you thought Portis couldn't be a bigger douche, well, you were wrong. God, I hope Shanahan dumps his ass and just eats the $7 million or whatever Portis is owed.

Will anyone want Portis if he's shipped out? Lots of mileage on those legs and lots of drivel coming out of his mouth. As usual.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Never met Clinton or even interviewed him.
    Campbell, I have. He's a class act who came up humble in Mississippi.
    He accepts all leadership requests and you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who'd say something negative about him off the field.
    I think he's got the talent to be successful in the NFL, too.
    Gotta surround him with humble playmakers who buy in.

3. JackReacher

On-the-field performance aside, Campbell is the one you want in your locker room, not Portis.

Portis is shot, and it's obvious he's becoming very, very bitter about that.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Some dumb-shit team will probably sign up Portis, and very shortly regret it.

Leadership is a funny thing. Those who talk about it don't have it.

5. JackReacher

You never know with Portis, but I'm hoping that he knows he's gone and that he just wanted to shoot off his mouth on the way out.

Otherwise, it's the end of a terrible season, dude. It's your last interview. Just say the typical boring shit and move on to the offseason.

6. Crash

Crash Active Member

Dear Jason Reid:

It's "you're."

"That's what you're supposed to do."

Oh, and Portis is a bitch. He always has been. This is the same guy who apparently told Willis McGahee that he'd never be a starting running back at Miami, much less in the NFL.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The guy may be the strangest person I've ever encountered during my time covering sports. He also might be a borderline Hall-of-Famer.

8. JackReacher

As long as he doesn't consider himself a Hall of Fame Redskins player, I couldn't care less if he gets in or not.

9. Mizzougrad96

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

I'm sure Jason knows the difference between "your" and "you're."

There's also a difference between making a mistake and being an asshole. In this case, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Portis comes from nothing in Mississippi, too.

He's still a bozo.

12. Mizzougrad96

Portis is from Florida, Jacksonville I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted