1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Campaign contributions. Have you made them?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Prince of Persia, Jan 10, 2008.

1. I guess this could go on the Anything Goes board as well, but I thought with politics being a hot topic, this would fit here as well.

So are there people here who have donated money to presidential candidates or other politicians? Does it really matter in the long run what the average citizen contributes to a presidential campaign? I know there are many ways to contribute to someone's camp, but does money have to be a significant one if you are serious about the candidate?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Considering donor information is available to any GOP-funded organization willing to rat out a journalist, but not a GOP-leaning publisher, no, I have not made any campaign contributions. I'd rather have a job.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Now would be a good place to mention to journalists -- do not buy T-shirts or anything else from candidates Web sites, either. Those get recorded as campaign contributions.

4. That I was not aware of. The reason I ask is I feel compelled to do so, but not for a second think about what the Doc said.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

On what WE make?

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Yes I have.

7. $25 is an option they give you if you want to contribute. Obviously that can hurt someone making 25k at a small newspaper.

Draft saved Draft deleted