1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Camera advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Nov 9, 2013.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm looking to upgrade my DSLR this year for Christmas and looking for some advice. I'm a Canon guy, with a few lenses and accessories that make me likely to stick with the company.

I currently have a Canon Rebel that I bought in 2003. It still takes great shots 10 years later, further cementing my affection for Canon, but I'm looking to step up in quality.

I've been eyeing the 70D and the 6D (difference in price of $600). Anyone have any experience with these cameras, or other Canons that cost under $2k?

There's a few features on each that I really like, making the decision more difficult. The lack of a bulb exposure on the 70D is probably the biggest thing holding me back from simply going to the less expensive route, but the 6D definitely has some pluses.

Draft saved Draft deleted