1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cam Newton thinks female reporter talking routes is 'funny'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MeanGreenATO, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, they care. Whether it's about the media or it's about the player or whatever, traffic numbers consistently say...they're reading about media dust-ups. Skip Bayless has made millions off of fans caring about him, even if they hate him.

Tweener likes this.
  2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I finally killed my Twitter account, and I think this thread helped me get over the last hill.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I tbink I’ll love the day I can do the same. Not an option right now.

I’d enjoy the death of twitter. But something more awful will inevitably replace it.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mine's only around any more so I can ramble mindlessly during Caps games. It serves no purpose, really, and isn't attached at all to anything I do at work. I don't know why anyone still follows me, TBH.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Keep us posted at a one-month or three-month interval or something. I'd like to know if it affects you professionally. My sense is you don't write many articles that are part of the daily back-and-forth banter today/forget tomorrow that makes up most of Twitter discourse anyway.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Agree here. I'd like updates. I'm leaning toward leaving, too. There is always something on there that makes me miserable.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

DD is being a bit disingenuous here as he still maintains his secret account:
    Tiger Woods Spot (@TwSpot) | Twitter

Tweener likes this.
  8. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Great post. I really truly feel anybody with a brain needs to get off Twitter. It is miserable.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Twitter is fine as a news feed. I don't have time to search more than a handful of websites on any given day, so Twitter condenses things. I find Twitter to be much less aggravating than sj. But they both have pros and cons.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I hope everybody leaves Twitter and then only the early adopters come back to it once it's lost all cachet. It was great for about two or years there in the late 2000s.

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

It worked for MySpace!

cranberry likes this.
  12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

When I retire...and I'd like to do it in 8 years, when I'm 55...I will disappear completely from public life. No social media at all. See ya.

Draft saved Draft deleted