1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cam Newton thinks female reporter talking routes is 'funny'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MeanGreenATO, Oct 4, 2017.

1. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Not sure if y'all saw this on Twitter, but Cam is getting absolutely eviscerated on Twitter for this, and rightfully so:

Upon a cursory Twitter search (while procrastinating on deadline), I found this interesting point:

Cam hasn't taken an L this bad since Super Bowl 50.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cam Newton looks smaller than he did the last couple years.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Trumpers and anti-protest zealots have suddenly found the black quarterback they can like.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I have a friend who has been predicting for years that Cam will be the next O.J., someone who goes down hard in his personal life at some point after his career. I don't doubt it. Something's definitely off with his personality.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see if they hate blackness more than they love misogyny.

dooley_womack1 likes this.
  6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Dick move, but I also cringed when she said "truck-sticking people" in a question during a news conference.

7. SnarkShark

"It was worse" later. Yikes.

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

It's always easy to think of a retort after the fact, but how about "Suprised to hear you say that Cam, given your feminine fashion sensibilities".

dooley_womack1 likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Must be that goddamn grin of his, or something.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think it must have been a real dilemma for Clay Travis today: Eager to climb on the hobby horse of slamming identity politics, but in doing so you must defend a black athlete you've previously called the "biggest bitch in sports."

Instead, he mostly sat this one out.

11. SnarkShark

That would have been an idiotic response in a public forum, to attempt to put him down for the way he dresses.

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted