1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cam Newton or Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 27, 2011.

?

Who would you draft?

1. Cam Newton

33.3%
  2. Michael Vick

66.7%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Giants aren't complaining...

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, i know folks don't like to hear this but sometimes trades do what they're intended to do: it made both teams better and left each with a playoff-calibre qb for an era.

how many other deals have done that? are there any?

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm shocked that 40% of respondents here picked Newton. Granted, the sample size is ten people. But seriously, how is that possible? I hate Vick personally as much as anyone, but he could beat you by himself. I dont think Newton can do that.

4. Mizzougrad96

Take solace in knowing that you're right. :D

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bust? No. Worth Rivers and those other draft picks? Absolutely not.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Cam Newton is the next JaMarcus Russell. Very unproven, good athlete but a lot of question marks. If Newton was the next big thing, why wasn't he at a major school right out of high school?

Stay far, far away.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He started his college career in Gainesville. But stealing a laptop and suspected of cheating, he left before the boom was lowered.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He did go to Florida.

And you could say the same things about Terry and Ben.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It doesn't happen as often, but elite players are still going to slip through the cracks on occasion. Obviously, it was more likely when Bradshaw was coming out of high school over 40 years ago than it does now.

But stuff happens, like a coach playing his kid at quarterback and forcing a future pro to play receiver until his senior year.

10. Mizzougrad96

Newton was behind Tebow, who is probably considered one of the best college QBs ever.

I'm not sure you can fault him for that.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Thanks. Couldn't remember that. Why the hell would he need to steal a laptop when daddy was raking in the cash?

I wouldn't take a QB at No. 1. Too expensive, too risky. When I think of No. 1 QBs, I think of Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, John Elway, true franchise players, Hall of Famers. Don't see anyone out there who fits that bill.

12. Mizzougrad96

Which quarterback does Newton remind you of? I think his career will be better than Vince Young's, but not as good as Randall Cunningham's.

Draft saved Draft deleted