1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cam Newton: Deserter (includes poll)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 9, 2016.

?

is this worth its own thread?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
  1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Doesn't it come down to whether or not you agree with the criticism? Personally, I do, so I don't see anything being written or said as an overreaction. To me, an overreaction would be saying he needs to be fined or suspended, which I haven't seen anywhere.

But if you don't agree, then the chorus of people criticizing him might seem like an overreaction. Your feeling is probably "what's the big deal?" If that is how you feel, anyone reacting to it will seem like an overreaction.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe if more Americans cared about poisoned water in an American city more than they cared about the Super Bowl . . . .

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, all sports coverage should be suspended to cover real news.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

When the 49ers retired Steve Young's number after he made the Hall of Fame, he did his halftime speech and then went up to the radio booth for the third quarter. As soon as he put the headset on and got his bird's-eye view of the field, he said, "Now I know what you guys are talking about all the time. Everybody's open!"

justgladtobehere and SnarkShark like this.
  8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

My thought as well. At some point in almost any play, someone is open. It's a matter of where the QB is in his progression, and then after that, where he's looking while multiple men 250 pounds and up are trying to hit him as hard as they can.

Draft saved Draft deleted