1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cam Cameron's head rolls off the chopping block.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 3, 2008.

1. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

I'm fully aware schedules are made years in advance.

N.C. State went to a bowl game. Utah was 8-4 and won its bowl game. Kentucky was bad but IU beat Kentucky. My point is that when INDIANA is playing three BCS schools I wouldn't call it an easy schedule. For a program like Wisconsin it might be considered an easy schedule. Should Indiana, a team that has made one bowl game since 1993, play USC, LSU, and Boston College in the non-conference?

It isn't like this season when IU played Indiana State, Western Michigan, Akron, and Ball State in the non-conference. My whole point was that if that 2001 team played this year's IU schedule it wins at least eight games.

Was that 2001 team great? Of course not. It was 5-6. It did win at Wisconsin, 63-32, won at Michigan State, beat Northwestern, 56-21, and beat Purdue. I think it's the only IU team this decade that had at least a .500 record in Big Ten play.

You obviously saw them more than I did. I saw them play once that year at Wisconsin. They had about 500 rushing yards that day and looked pretty flippin awesome on offense.

Draft saved Draft deleted