1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cam Cameron's head rolls off the chopping block.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 3, 2008.

1. You betcha

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm sure you meant blue font there, Patchs. I'm surprised by how no one is even thinking this guy will coach again. With Belichick in the division, he will go back on the sidelines, guaranteed, even if it means he dies while coaching. He only took this gig when Tom Coughlin saved his ass from being fired by making the playoffs as a wildcard. Parcells' ego knows no bounds.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Are you serious? That's the year he made the brilliant move of putting Antwaan Randle El at receiver in the preseason, practically proclaiming himself a genius for doing so, then flipflopped when Randle El's replacement (Tommie Jones?) was an utter flop in their season opener.

Yes, Randle El plays receiver now in the NFL. But that move made no sense for IU at the time, especially considering how dangerous Randle El was in the option. One of the dumbest, most egotistical moves I've seen a coach make.

4. I love that story, bubs.

5. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

It was well documented at the time that Randle El was turning pro and wouldn't have even come back for his senior season if he wasn't given the opportunity to give it a shot at wide receiver. It was either start with Randle El at receiver or he wouldn't have returned for his senior year.

6. Exactly, flipflopper. So Cameron said he'd play him at wide receiver to get him to come back, then switched him back after one game.

Classic.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I can see this happening. Jags has broad NFL experience and has connection to Ron Wolf - one of Parcells best pals.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This can't happen. I already laugh at Boston Garbage way too much as it is.

9. Cameron has broad NFL experience and has connection to Bob Knight - one of Parcells best pals.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Parcells looks like he's setting up a mini-Al Davis feifdom in Miami. No problem with getting your own people in there, but I don't think either the coach or GM will be able to get any credit for any success they might have there. Just all of the blame if they lose.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Parcells has yet to produce a loser.

He's an ass (from a purely people relations POV), arrogant and condescending. But look at the history; NYG (2 SBs); Pats (1 SB appearance); Jets (1st AFC Championship appearance); Dal (1st respectability since 1995). Wow.

He will likely produce a winner in 2-3 years.

Living through what a poor choice can do after 3 years (49ers), getting a guy like the Tuna who will fire a coach to start over seems preferable to making the "huge" change of demoting your GM/Coach and elevating your personnel VP to GM.

I bet the Dolphins are at least 6 games better than the Niners in 2009.

12. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

The Dolphins will make a big step forward. Mueller and Cameron created a ton of cap room, have acquired some extra picks (i.e. Chris Chambers trade), and had at least a solid draft last year even if Ginn and Beck don't work out. Parcells isn't dumb. He'll jump in and take all the credit and the Dolphins can't get worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted