1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cam and "adversity"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clutchcargo, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would hope he'd have a conscience in terms of what he stole when he was at Florida.

But for whatever happened at Auburn with his dad? He has nothing to feel guilty about.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think the Newton "tragedy" was more spin from the BCS and NCAA that the WWL swallowed hook, line and sinker, right up there with "all the Tostitos."

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

You mean you weren't satisfied with Chris Fowler's grilling Urban Meyer about the circumstances surrounding Newton's departure from the Gators?*

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Now that whoring has become part and parcel of the daily collegiate sports experience? I guess not.

5. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

When did being accused of asking for improper benefits start counting as "adversity?"

6. Baron Scicluna

Duh, he's been accused of being, heaven forbid, a "Professional". They might as well have made him wear a scarlet "P" on his uniform.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Assuming you believe him.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Come on, you know he had no idea what was going on.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Now? That's been the case for a long time.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Where do people think he goes in the draft? I think he slips out of the top 10 and falls to Minnesota.

11. Baron Scicluna

He has nothing to feel guilty about if he took money, or if he didn't.

Yeah, he may have broken a rule. A rule created by people who don't have his, or any of his fellow athletes', best interests at heart.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Whether or not you think the rule is just, it's still a rule. And when you break a rule, you face the consequences.

If Auburn got stripped of its national title two or three years from now, yeah, I think Newton would feel a little guilty.

Draft saved Draft deleted