1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling BS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I call BS on the Snuggie being so comfortable, that you'll wear it to your kid's JV soccer game.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Barry Sanders?

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

I call BS on hack columnists who compensate for other shortcomings by bashing women's sports. Ballard auditioning for the next FSR opening or something?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He shows his ignorance by talking about MLS attendance. The league did see a drop of around 3 percent this season, compared to 6 percent by MLB.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Shit, there's a guy out there who's grumpier than me.

I call bs on people who refer to hockey as a "niche sport".

Not where I live.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love you.

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Ditto.

8. Inky_Wretch

That's hot.

;D

9. Sneed

Sneed Guest

I call BS on people with here, from behind anonymous handles, calling BS on any columnist in Sports Illustrated.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They being infallible or something?

11. Inky_Wretch

I call BS on people from here, from behind anonymous handles, calling BS on other anonymous handled-people calling BS on any columnist in SI.

(And you're welcome to check the facts yourself. MLS is doing fine attendance-wise and didn't suffer as big a drop as MLB.)

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I don't think he's blasting MLS as much as soccer snobs who think they are too good to watch MLS.

"Let's not limit this to the big three sports, though. To those soccer aficionados who follow the Premier League and obsess about the World Cup draw and heap scorn upon the heathen who keep the "beautiful game" from flourishing in the U.S., I call b.s. Because, guess what: If you want soccer to succeed in this country, you have to actually, you know, support it. And that means attending MLS games, or at least watching them. So just own up to it already—you love soccer ... just not all soccer. There, now don't you feel better?"

Draft saved Draft deleted